User-agent: * Allow: / Trenton Butcher Block: If you are an advertiser, this website may have just ruined your day.

"Our Liberties We Prize, Our Rights We Will Defend."

Commentary on national and local events from the standpoint of a Trenton city resident and state worker.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

If you are an advertiser, this website may have just ruined your day.

I was fooling around with Google search today because I wanted to see if Google picked up my latest postings.  So I searched for "Christie Contributors Outed", which is the headline for the list of contributors to the governor's campaign that I posted over the weekend.

I got search results all right, but not what I expected.  It seems that there is a feature that paid advertisers use to search for text including names, which it incorporates into search results leading back to the advertiser.  I didn't get a search result linking back to the Trenton Butcher Block unless I told Google to search only blogs.

Seeing is believing.  Go ahead and try it.  Do a Google search for "Christie Contributors Outed" in quotes just as I entered it here.  You will be amazed at the number of restaurants, doctors, dentists, etc. that come up.